Video Drives Influence, Sales & Results
Here are some interesting statistics Invodo compiled from valuable sources including eMarketer, Comscore, Internet Retailer, MediaPost, Website Magazine & Cisco. These publications contribute to the industry’s knowledge of video for business.
• Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
• 188.7 million people in the US watched 46 billion online content videos in September 2013. The average American spent more than 20 hours watching online video.
• 93% of marketers used video for online marketing in 2013.
• Approximately half of marketers who use video in email campaigns see increased click-through rates, increased time spent reading the email, and increased sharing and forwarding.
• One out of four marketers use video in email campaigns. 43% of marketers cite lack of available video content as their reason for not using video in email campaigns, making it the top barrier to the practice.
• 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI.
• 76% of marketers plan to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter, and blog integration.
• Online video is the fastest growing ad format with nearly 55% growth.
• Video is a driver of consumer confidence. Consumers are willing to watch videos 60% of the time they are found.
• 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times.
• More than three out of five consumers will spend at least two minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase, and 37% will watch for more than three minutes.
• 41% of 18- to 34-year-olds will use laptops and desktops as a primary source of information in 2013, while only 30% will use TVs.
• 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
• Blog posts incorporating video attract 3 times as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
• Nearly 40% of consumers report that videos increase their likelihood of making a purchase on a mobile device.
• During a three-month period, 49% of smartphone owners watched at least one product video.
• The most popular use for mobile action codes, such as QR and bar codes, is linking to mobile video: 40% of codes link to video content, including product demos.